Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
Helping Haiti 2010
February 11, 2010
Dear Family and Friends,
So, here I sit fighting with those darn space saver bags (I don’t think they are working for me) to attempt to take as much as possible in one backpack for 21 days…I have had an emotional week to say the least. I can’t tell you how much your emails, Facebook messages, phone calls, text messages, visits have meant to me as I prepare for this journey. I am not the first person, nor will I be the last person to listen to God about a huge decision in one’s life. But, your support has meant the world to me and made this decision (and trust me, it is one I have doubted on many occasions the past 3 weeks) manageable. The devil has stepped in to derail this trip on every occasion he can. From dog sitting, to child sitting, and beyond he has attempted to block this trip. But, as my friend Evie told me this morning, “when you are in the middle of God’s will, nothing will stop you you”! I am counting on that….because for the first time in my life (other than when I accepted Christ), I followed the conviction on my heart and doors opened…even the ones the devil attempted to kick shut. So, unless something traumatic happens I will be on the 5:59 am flight from Barkley Regional to Chicago and beyond Saturday February 13, 2010!! My oldest and dearest friends Trish, Margo and Kim are taking me to the airport Saturday. Then my sweet cousin Vickie in VA is letting me spend 2 nights with her and taking me to the airport at 3 am on February 15!
Events of the Week:
1. I taught a donation only Haiti Relief Yoga class at True North Yoga on Monday night! We had 21 students show up in the snow and donated $405.00 towards my trip!! I was humbled, and overwhelmed! I had not taught a class in several years and simply winged it! It was one jumbled mess, but we laughed our way through it!
2. I had an unexpected interview with WPSD News Channel 6 as I was loading up the medications/supplies that Western Baptist Hospital so generously donated to this trip. I have yet to see it, but heard it was short and sweet and got the point across!!
3. Ella and I shipped almost 300lbs (11 boxes) of what WBH donated plus Dr. Pete Ward’s donations from the Fed-Ex office on Monday. Shipping was $234.00, my Sunday school class had taken up an offering on Sunday….$226.00 was given! How good is God?
4. As of today we have had a total of $4,233.00 in the US Bank Haiti Relief fund!! Can you believe how people have stepped up, one donation at a time from $5.00 to $1,000.00!! God has blessed with being able to get this trip financed and buy supplies, pay for shipping costs and whatever is needed to get the job done! I can’t thank each and everyone of you enough for making this possible! My goal was $5,000.00 in donations! Who knows, when I come home, I may have reached my goal! Donations are still being accepted.
5. Please pray that a job will open up for me when I am away. I have sent out many resume’s and praying that this trip will not hinder my job search in any way! My prayer is that when I return, I have emails that want me to come interview!
I may not be able to send news letters from Haiti, but if you sign up to follow the blog (it takes all of 5 minutes) then you can see the pictures and read the stories I have to tell the next 3 weeks. I am hoping to be able to blog from my phone!Follow my blog: http://ernursepractitioner.blogspot.com/
You can click the "FOLLOW" button in the upper left corner to follow the journey!!
Packed and ready to head
Donations can be made to ANY US Bank branch, or mailed to:
C/O Susan Ybarzabal
Paducah, KY 42001
Donations can also be mailed to:
134 Mohawk Drive
Paducah, KY 42001
Dani Williamson C/O Haiti Relief
Dr. Ward and I at the
Haiti Relief Yoga Class!