Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
Helping Haiti 2010
Welcome to the first newsletter of Helping Haiti 2010! In order to better keep in touch with my friends, family and all that are supporting me daily with prayers and donations I decided to create a simple newsletter to keep everyone updated on the events of my upcoming journey.
Events of today:
1. Confirmation email from Dr. Irwin of http://www.medmissionaries.org/ of my acceptance to be on the third/fourth team to head down to Haiti to offer healthcare to the Haitians. I will be traveling with an ER MD, Pedes NP, CRNA, General surgeon, and a PhD who is on the board of directors and is our team leader. It is a small team. I hope it isn't an indication of decreasing support. Please pray that our hearts and hands are blessed to do the work needed!
2. Western Baptist Hospital donated over $ 3,000.00 worth of medications on Dr. Irwin’s “wish list” as well as gloves, speculums, light sources for speculums, lubrication etc!! (I am a nurse midwife you know, so I am pushing for gynecological supplies)!
3. My tickets were bought and I am flying out of Paducah. Given the amount of supplies and the fact that I will be exhausted, I thought is best to use Barkley Regional instead of Nashville. I am attaching the flight itinerary for those of you who have this trip on your prayer lists. There is a day in between each flight, due to the fact that I couldn't get the flights lined up with Paducah.
Sat. Feb 13 Depart 05:59 am Paducah Arrive: 2:04 pm Dulles Mon. Feb 15 Depart 06:00 am Dulles Arrive 1:10 pm Santo Domingo Mon. March 8 Depart 4:50 pm Santo Domingo Arrive 11:15 pm Dulles Tues. March 9 Depart 09:27 am Dulles Arrive 02;37 pm Paducah
4. As of today we have over $2,100.00 in monetary donations to be used for supplies for this medical mission trip!! I will use some of that money to buy the batteries needed for the light sources, Deet, water purification systems, flashlights , food, and anything else I am told is needed! Thank you so much for your help! Any amount of donation can help make a HUGE difference in the mission of slowly beginning to rebuild the lives and communities of the Haitian men, women and children. Donations can also be mailed to the address at the end of this newsletter.
Follow my blog: http://ernursepractitioner.blogspot.com/
You can click the "FOLLOW" button in the upper left corner to follow the journey!!
Donations can be made to ANY US Bank branch, or mailed to:
C/O Susan Ybarzabal
Paducah, KY 42001
Dani Williamson C/O Haiti Relief
Two locations to drop off supplies for the "wish list":
HOOPER'S Outdoor Center
1769 Mayfield Hwy.
Benton, KY 42025
Supplies needed: By 2/12/2010
PERSONAL HYGIENE PRODUCTS
• Shampoo & conditioner
• Plastic combs
• Hand and body lotion
• Bandages (including soft-stretch bandages, ace bandages, and band-aids)
• Rubbing alcohol or alcohol wipes
• Antibiotic ointment
• Gauze pads
• Hand sanitizer
• Saline solution/eye wash
GENERAL:DEET, Flashlights, Batteries,